Sunday, April 10, 2011

All things Crafty

It has been a while since I last posted a blog, mainly because I keep forgetting my password, and then become to lazy to reset it. So I have been up to a lot lately. I have so many birthdays coming up this month and have been busy making gifts for everyone.
My nephew is going to be 1 next week and I have been crocheting him the Yo Gabba Gabba characters. It has been really fun to make these. I am not really that happy with the way the blue cat/dragon is turning out and may have to restart that one. But here is what I have so far. Yikes I better get moving and finish them before his party next Saturday.




I got these patterns on Etsy from crafty is cool.  I can't wait to get some more of the patterns she has. There is a Pee Wee Herman playhouse set I am dying to make.


I have also become obsessed with fabric and making bags and make up cases, and most importantly new pillowcase for the bed. My husband and I never seem to have matching pillow cases and it drives me batty. I bought some gorgeous Heather Bailey fabric and went to town. I have to say I can sit and drool at all the wonderful fabric at the Heather Bailey on-line store. My husband on the other hand is not excited that I found her website. Here are the pillowcases. I am so happy to lay my head on these every night.




And I just got the new Amy Butler pattern book called "Style Stitches, 12 easy ways to 26 wonderful bags!"

  This is the first bag I have made out of the book, and I love it. I am going to make one in every shape. Also can't wait to make the Cosmo bag, and the Origami bag set......pretty much want to make all of them.



 
And the pattern was quite easy to follow. I don't really know how to sew by the book. I was shown a few basics by a friend many years ago and haven't really done much with sewing since then. With that said I think the pattern was easy and it came out looking like it was supposed to so I am pleased. I was nervous about trying a pattern from Amy Butlers book since her bags look so polished and crisp and neat. So if you were thinking of getting the book and didn't, Go out and get it cause it is not very hard.

I think that is pretty much up to date with me. Hmmm........I wonder what Petunia is doing?  Oh that reminds me we have a flea infestation right now. Anyone know natural remedies to get rid of them. We have been treating the dogs and cat but nothing seems to be helping. I hate bombing the house because all I can think of is the harmful layer of chemicals covering everything in my house. I guess that's what happens when you live in Texas and have animals. Ugh.

I guess that is all for now. I can't help but put some baby pictures of my nephew. It is surprising to me that even though he is going to be one next week, he doesn't look like a baby anymore. Wish i had some more current pictures of him, these are from Christmas and earlier last year. Happy Early Birthday Archie.






Well of course I had to sneak one of Petunia in there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment