Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Amy Butler Fever

I just got done with the most difficult sewing project yet. I love love love Amy Butler patterns. I used the Style Stitches book and have made 3 of the bags in the book so far.
   With that being said I cried over making this one. I have jabbed my fingers more times than I can count, I have gotten a thread cut (like a paper cut but with thread), and I am not so sure it won't fall apart when I use it. One broken needle. Sewed lining on wrong side out and had to undo all the stitches, cried, picked stitches out and yelled at the dogs. Not really sure why the dogs got yelled at except for the fact that they could offer no sewing advice.
   I really thought the handles would be the hardest but it was those cute ruffles. It took forever to figure out the correct stitch length on my stone age sewing machine. Since the sewing machine was free it didn't come with directions. I went online after trying for like three hours to get it, and found the correct length. After breaking the thread about 3 times, I finally got out the heavy duty thread. The handles weren't bad to make, except I kept jabbing myself trying to pin around all the curves.
   There are so many imperfections on my purse, but I LOVE it and will use it a lot (unless it falls apart). I think I am going to have to make something really simple next. I will make this again but I will have to wait until I have healed.





Miss Maven Ruffle Purse, pattern by Amy Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment