Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow...

It has been a wonderful week of snow and ice. I really love this weather. I love being in the cold, and then being in the warmth of my house with my loved ones all snuggled up with a big cup of coffee.

  This is what I have been up to lately. I opened my Etsy store, but haven't posted anything for sell. I had set a goal to set up a store before February and voila, now to make stuff. I also finished my first mini quilt from the doodle stitch along. I have never made a quilt in my life and this was a challenge. All in all I am pleased with how it turned out. Of course the critic in me is noticing all the little imperfections, next time I will have a better idea of what I am doing though.

Here is the finished product





I have loved every minute of this project, and am sad it is over. 

My Husband was so bored staying home with all the snow that he was eager to go with me to the fabric store. He helped me pick out the backing material. He would never admit to doing so in public though. I knew I needed to get him out of the house when he texted me and said that he had just finished doing and interpretive dance of Alice in Wonderland. Hmmm.........hopefully this outing has squashed all urges for more interpretive dancing. 

2 comments:

  1. I think that it came out great! The colors work so well! I've yet to do anything with mine. I bought her books awhile back, and I think I might make a couple more pieces to go with it before I actually put it together. Or it could be that I've never made a quilt before and I'm just putting it off. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you so much. I was really freaked out to try a quilt that big. I just took a deep breath and started. I did a lot of moving and playing around with the pieces. I can't wait to see what you come up with for your quilt. I am starting another quilt with the circus theme from her book 400 motifs.

    ReplyDelete