Sunday, January 16, 2011

Renew

So when I first thought of starting a blog I didn't think I would write about something like this on here, but here goes.
  I was so moved today at church and felt that the sermon was written just for me. Today our pastor talked about renewing your mind.  The gist of the sermon was that people are to guided by emotions as a result of things that happen in our lives, and that this is where the devil steps in and takes over. For example if something bad happens and you start cursing and moaning and kicking and let your emotions take control that does not allow you to see the grace of God or accept the gifts that he has promised will be yours. Now how does this relate to me you are asking.
   Well as many of you know I have had a very very difficult past year. What started off as being a minor surgery for a twisted ovary ended up being the end to my being able to have children in a round about way.  For the past year I have been walking through my life in a fog. I have been angry, depressed, confused and just generally lost in myself and my feelings. And before you think that I am completely cured, no I am not. It is a process and I know it will take time but I keep finding ,through my church, that life does go on and I will be okay. But what I realized today is that my feelings, while understandable, should not be the guide for how I live my life. By continuing to do so I am hindering myself from doing what God wants, and has planned for me. Our pastor said that our feelings are not always the truth and that just spoke to my heart on so many levels. I know I have justified taking bad moods out on other people or being selfish because of what happened to me. Therefore I need to not believe the lies of false feelings and start holding myself accountable for my reactions to situations.

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:32


Sorry for Rambling on, I just wanted to share. The message moved me to tears at church today, and I felt the need to pass along the message.

This message is approved by Petunia. (had to sneak her in there somewhere)

No comments:

Post a Comment